Career Advising is an interactive process with career development specialists focused on providing relevant career-related information to help students understand their knowledge, skills, and interests as it relates to academic and career goals. Career advising utilizes a proactive approach through professional development to encourage students to practice and hone the essential skills necessary for job preparation and career readiness.
Career advising services may include:
- Skills and Personality Assessment using "Am I Job Ready"
- Discovery of Career Interests including "What Can I Do With This Major?"
- Exploration of Experiential Education, i.e. Internships, Externships, and Co-Ops
- Job Search Assistance utilizing College Central Network
- Assistance with Job and Graduate School Applications
- Professional Development, such as Career Ready including Professionalism 101
- Job Search Preparation through Resume Critiquing and Mock Interviewing.
Are you job ready?
To get started:
1. Click on the PAN link below.
2. Click "Register" to create an account using your CSU email.
3. Click "Learn Your Strengths" to take the assessment.
4. Explore career fit and develop your skills!
"What Can I Do with This Major?" is a free directory of possible industries, job titles, professional associations and more segmented by major. This is helpful when starting from the beginning in researching career options.
Learn How to Become is a free interactive information guide on everything you need to know regarding a career field/job title. Information offered is potential salary, education needs, the current job market climate, and skills needed by anyone in that career. This is helpful when you have an idea of the specific job title of interest.